There are some costs associated with going to school that you may find it helpful to plan and budget for such as:
- school books and equipment
- extra-curricular activities.
Voluntary school contribution
At the start of each year we may ask for a voluntary school contribution to enhance our educational and sporting programs.
We try to keep any additional costs to a minimum and may be able to assist families who are having financial difficulty paying schooling costs.
We may ask you for financial contributions to cover the costs of materials used by your child in elective subjects that go beyond the minimum requirements of the curriculum. Individual arrangements can be made confidentially if you cannot pay these costs.
Seniors - $150 Years 9 & 10 - $50
A levy has been introduced to:
- assist faculties in purchasing extra text books as senior class sizes have increased since the raising of the school leaving age
- offset costs of new resources required for the implementation of the new Australian Curriculum
- assist with costs of purchasing texts for English, compulsory for all students, in keeping up with regular changes to the syllabus
Parents recently surveyed overwhelming supported a $20 levy per student (max of $50 per family) as they felt unable to attend P&C meetings or volunteer their time at events.