BYOD- Bring Your Own Device
From Day 1 Term 1 2017, all Year 9, 10 and 11 students will be encouraged to bring a browser-enabled, personally-owned device to school each day. Throughout 2016 teachers have been using innovative teaching using technology more and more on a daily basis. In order to take full advantage of the programs available to students it would be highly beneficial if students had their own device.
Parents should be aware before any device is purchased that there are MINIMUM DEVICE REQUIREMENTS, including:
- Reasonable sized screen between 9.7" to 15" to enable continuous use throughout the day (smart phones, mini devices and ipods ARE NOT large enough for class work and WILL NOT satisfy requirements)
- A virtual or physical keyboard to enhance typing skills
- a built-in webcam and microphone
- 5 Ghz or 2.4Ghz wireless support to connect to our wireless network
- A 6 hour battery life to last the school day
- A web browser to access the internet and DET Student Portal to access Office 365 and Google Apps (please note that for compatibility purposes for google drive a Google Chrome browser is required and should be downloadable to the chosen device).
BYOD POLICY (docx 153 KB)
Device Advice (pdf 3112 KB)